The Perils of Selling Online

Good day. Hope you are all well. I'd like to talk about something that happened recently.

I got a message through one of my online shops, supposedly from a wedding company, about a potential custom order. It sounded good as it would have given me a month's worth of work! I replied with my prices etc and then bought the colour I needed. I knew I had to start soon otherwise I would never have finished it all in time. I had it all planned out; I knew how many I had to do per day etc and as soon as the ball came, I started on the project.

I don't normally do this. For a project this size I usually like some of the payment up front before I start, but I only had a few weeks to complete the order. I had hoped that I'd create a few pieces and then they'd get back to me with a definite yes or no within a few days. A week later, still no response. I decided to contact them through their own website, still nothing.

I now think that it was a scam! :( I can usually spot scams but this looked legit.

I don't normally do posts like this, but this was a very frustrating experience for me.

On the plus side I now have lots of pieces to list on Etsy. Just need to sew in the ends and photograph them, so you'll probably see them this week.

Heather

Comments

Rose said…
Oh how strange, I can imagine how frustrating that is! But yes, it certainly would have made me get in gear and get things done - good for you for having extra stock!